country (kun'tri)
adj. 1. pertaining, or peculiar to, one's own country; native. 2. rural, rustic. 3. churlish, rude.

girl (gurl)
n. 1. a female child, a maiden. 2 a female servant. 3. a sweetheart.

autobiographical 'toons since 2008! these 'toons make no sense at all unless you read them from the bottom up; but, do what you want.....

--kuntri gurl, aka bbear, aka brenna









11.18.2018

a fresh start



After a 2-year break in my 'toon project, I'm back online and also offline, drawing autobiographical comics the old fashioned way with a pen and paper. Here is my new 'toon journal, "600 More Things to Make." As if I need a longer list!
I got obsessed with bookbinding when I needed to start making my own sketchbooks, around 2008.
It's a double-Coptic stitched book (using 2 curved needles and 2 colors of waxed linen thread) with pages measuring 14 x 16 centimeters. This format is nicely portable; the stitching style opens completely flat and allows for easy scanning. The paper is Stonehenge because that's been my favorite for a long time. It takes heavy erasing beautifully! I do a LOT of erasing.
Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment